Somerville Garden Supplies was purchased by father and son Ken and Mark Fulton in 2010. The Fulton name is synomynous with garden supplies as 3rd generation in the industry Ken can remember his grandfather digging sand out of Gardiners Creek in Malvern and carting it to builders and houses via horse and cart.
In 1954 Ken's father and Mark's grandfather Colin setup Fulton's Garden Supplies in Hawthorn and now it has grown into the largest garden supplies in the Melbourne metropolitan area. After Colin's passing in 1997 Ken the eldest of 4 children took over Fulton's with his two younger brothers Ian and Peter to continue the long established business.
Over the next 13 years the business continued good growth including 2 new locations in Cheltenham and Wantirna to add to the Hawthorn garden supplies yard. in 2010 Ken decided to retire thus giving him an opportunity to go into business with his son Mark, and they purchased Somerville Garden Supplies in june 2010.
Mark also has a long history in the industry, being born in Hall St Hawthorn on the site of Fulton's yard. Mark's 1st job was working Sundays at Daisy's Garden Supplies in Carrum Downs driving the loader and assisting with customers when he was 14. In the years to come he worked in all 3 of Fulton's locations in order to develop his knowledge and management skills.